A Finger Puppet Mouse
Here’s a simple little puppet, which can provide lots of fun and action. One little mouse can enact many mousy stories, songs, rhymes or finger games. Two mice can interact, and you may even want to create a whole family of mice!
You will need:
A square of paper 3”x 3” and an extra piece for the tail. Choose any mousy color, brown, grey, or white. Or use a textured piece of wallpaper or the decorative inside of an envelope.
Scissors and glue and felt pens (black and pink).
- Roll the paper snuggly around your finger, or fold it into thirds. Press flat.
- For the ears, cut two ½ circular cuts on the fold as illustrated.
- Fold head down. Pinch ears out and up. (You can add some pink color to the inside of the ears.)
- Cut a long tail and glue to the back. Curl it with your scissors.
- Make two dots with a black felt pen for the eyes. (Use a ball pen for the whiskers.)
- Slip the mousekin on your finger and see what he can do!